Food Process Worker
Food processing workers are responsible for manufacturing and packaging of a wide selection of food items, in addition to grading, sorting, cleaning, counting, moving and packaging products. Being a food process worker, you would typically work in a fast moving production line, where frozen and non-frozen food passes down on conveyor belts, through a variety of stages; washing, inspecting, sorting, handling and packaging.
- Checking and controlling the equipment that make the food
- Checking instruments for example temperature gauges, at customary intervals
- Keeping machines dirt free at all times.
- Cleaning and sanitizing machines, work areas and common areas
- When problems happen with the production procedure, you would discontinue the machine and report the fault to a manager or engineer.
- Making sure the production line has a regular supply of raw materials or components
You might be able to begin as a food processor without a formal education; on the other hand, some employers may have a preference to have some GCSEs. A good secondary education might also help your career prospects, for instance if you wish to move into a supervisory or managerial role.
You might be able to get into this field through apprenticeship. The range of apprenticeships obtainable in your area will depend on the local jobs market and the kinds of skills employers require from their workers.
Skills and Knowledge
- The aptitude to keep attentiveness for cyclical tasks
- Correctness and attention to detail
- A good understanding of physical condition and safety and basic cleanliness rules
- Good powers of surveillance to spot problems with produce
- The aptitude to act rapidly when there is a difficulty
- Good team working skills and the aptitude to work alone
- Ability to work in temperature-controlled cold food processing rooms (45f or colder) continuously for up to 4 hours
- Ability to work in freezers (with protective gear)
- The capability to follow instructions and procedures
- Great Opportunity to Grow with Dynamic Emerging Food Products Company
- Holiday, PTO Days
- Performance Bonuses
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!